thus begins the search for something greater, a real love for herself as she was created.

May you find and take everything from the writings of a girl who is still searching.

Saturday, July 19, 2008

To be broken.

I have officially been at Gull Lake for over a month, fulfilling amazing things I have been called to this summer. I wish I could tell you, its been the easiest summer of my life but Ive been working on my honesty , so I must say, its been way harder than expected.
Being on the cabin leading team has been amazing, challenging, but growing. I work with some of the most amazing people I have ever met in my life. Mel has quickly turned into an amazing friend, and I love being part of her team.
Unfortunately, God has called me to a different area of camp as of this week, which has been insane. He has called me to live a life of solitude, or partial solitude, by switching from cabin leading, to Maintainence. If you have any idea who I am , you should know that after taking the Myers Briggs Personality test, I came out 98% extraverted.
By switching to Maintainence, I will be mentoring LTDs throughout the summer, and being humbled by such tedious work, and unappreciation.
Its amazing to see how God is changing my heart, and asking me to focus on my weaknesses, in order to learn how to be a stronger woman in Him.
Its terrifying to think of not being surrounded by campers every second of the day, but perhaps if I can learn what its like to be in solitude, and to serve, and do jobs others turn down, I will be able to see something more, and become connected deeper to the God I serve diligently.
May my huge heart continue to grow, and love, as I learn new things about me, and as I learn to find comfort in my loving and merciful God and trust where he is leading me.
For I know it is not into the dark.
- b.

1 comment:

EboRâguebi said...

Hello,

I love the Rugby!

Want to know, why?