thus begins the search for something greater, a real love for herself as she was created.

May you find and take everything from the writings of a girl who is still searching.

Monday, June 23, 2008

white lines & red lights.

[ proverbs 31:30] - Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the lord is to be praised.
And in the midst of stress, chaos, and party plans, I have never seen a sky so red, and so refreshing in my life. Scamper camp drew to a close yesterday, and our first of many campers left with a new spirit, and a new sense of love for others. Although you may think many 5 - 7 year olds don't care about that kind of thing, I wish you could have been here at this place I am at, to see the care these children have for eachother.
In effort to not wear myself out by the end of weekend one, I have been connecting deeper, loving harder, and having more faith in the God that sent me here for the summer.
It has been an interesting journey so far at the newly named Gull Lake Centre for staff training. Although it has been hard on my heart to be here, I could not have asked for a better team. Mel is our Cabin Leader Core Leader, and she is so inspirational, I am so blessed to learn from her. The rest of our Cabin Leader team is exceptional, and I find myself finding amazing qualities, and beautiful things in all of my new friends here at camp.
As I sat at the beach last night with some friends, trying to make bannok out of watery batter, some sticks, and a metal bowl, I raised my head to see the most beautiful sunset I have ever experienced. Its been hard to justify being at camp right now, knowing that one of my favorite families, is suffering and knowing i cannot be there for them, and nothing i could say would really help. Slightly emotional and tired from the weekend, the piercing red sky was filled with hope and renewal for the coming days.
Im not going to sit here and tell you my summer will be easy, because it wont, every day I am faced with something difficult, challenging, and life changing but I know I can do this.
Perhaps this summer was exactly what I needed to find myself. As I go deeper, love more, gossip less, be more, live more, ask questions less, and run with the wind, I pray you will go with me on this journey in spirit, in love, in patience and support for the changes about to take place in my heart.
May I be a light in a world full of darkness,
May I find beauty in everyone I encounter,
May I love like a wildfire without water,
May I find who I am , and just run with it.
-b;

No comments: