thus begins the search for something greater, a real love for herself as she was created.

May you find and take everything from the writings of a girl who is still searching.

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Dirty Hands, Determined Heart.

I’ll take care of you.

Each and every step taken feels like the first, wobbly, unsteady and not right. I’m sure I’ve been here before. I’ve walked this path a million times over, searching and seeking. So why does this time feel so unfamiliar? One step, shakily planted and cautiously taken brings me to this place of vulnerability where I hear this voice calling me to seek a lifestyle outside of my comfort zone. As I place my next step one foot in front of the other I am certain I am getting the hang of this. One two three four, I’ve stopped looking down, I just want to run. Unstable feet are planted, and I begin to run away from struggles, further and further away from my starting point, but as I take my next bound towards point B, I fall.
Unsteady foot steps should never run, and with holes in my jeans, and fear in my heart I remain sitting, dirty hands towards the sky uncertain that I would be able to pull myself to a standing position, or even if I want to. It seems safer just to stay right where I am on the ground, both feet neatly folded, unmoving. I’ve fallen many times before, and perhaps all that I have learnt is that life is safer when it involves no uncertain steps, but when I remain still and planted. Discouraged, dirty and frustrated I have no plans to pick myself up, I’ve lost all strength to try again, all my hopes and goals seems impossible and I should have known in the first place I would never be able to do it. I was doomed from the beginning as a girl with big dreams a faithful heart, but unsteady feet.
Without knowledge I begin to wipe the dirt off my hands, one hand at a time is placed at my sides as my elbows lock and I push myself up slowly to a standing position, doubt written all over my face and my heart. But for some reason, my soul reminds me that it’s not about the fall it’s about the courage to keep picking myself up again, and again, and again.
Each and every step taken feels like the first, wobbly, unsteady, and not right. One step, two step, and the faith that I can do this. Shaky and uncertain one step at a time towards the big hopes and dreams of a girl who chooses to love and believe with her entire being.

It’s all about the journey, destination unknown.

b.

No comments: